Deathsmiles II X [JP X360, May 27th, 2010 | US X360 GoD, May 17th, 2011]

Started by EOJ, February 26, 2010, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monouchi

The thing for me is the graphics, backgrounds look distant, enemies stiff and the animations are psx quality...
Also its less sfx than DS, makes it kinda quiet.
Not the CAVE game I am expecting in 2010.

Scoring and all is prolly funny when you give it more time....but Mushi,ketsui,Esp2 and DFK will keep me busy for years before I touch this.

I really hope CAVE hasnt abandoned 2D for all time.  :'(

Ast-Kot

New post:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

The title update has complete the first step of certification and it's going through the second certification step right now.
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

Ast-Kot

Nev Asada post:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

he said that the title update has past the last certification test and it will be released next week. The leaderboards will be wipe out after the update released.

They fix:
-boss bug
-clear bonus bug
-the inability to attack the keyboard while the game is running
-the rosa's shooting bug in double player mode
-the 6billion achievement bug in Xmode
-change the way of button config and data save
-add on line score-attack on arcade mode

:righton:

EOJ

Quote from: Ast-Kot on June 18, 2010, 03:34:07 AM

-add on line score-attack on arcade mode

:righton:

Best news ever. Thank you Cave.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

lam47

I can attack my keyboard again!
I assume there will be replays for Arcade? I need some pointers.

CRI

update online!
looks like there is no replay & training option for arcade mode.

Lusche

patch just came out ...
fixed the scoreboard in arcade mode but still no initials and no replays and no training mode
they also seem to fix the "white color" bug in arcade mode ... no problems with hdmi here

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/06/post-bed4.html

edit:
me was too late :'(

lam47

The 6 billion achievement is fixed. Shame there are no arcade replays.

lam47

Ugly black box around character has gone :)

Lusche

shame about the replay mode but i miss the training mode most

antares

The leaderboards in X Mode weren't reset.

EOJ

X-mode leaderboards will be reset tomorrow night (Japan time), according to the latest Cave blog post:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/06/post-bed4.html

They apparently were too busy to deal with it today.
My score archive

EOJ

Just tried out Arcade mode after the patch. I can confirm they fixed the following, in addition to the stuff already mentioned (wire frame boxes removed, score saving fixed):

-HDMI "white" bug
-OSD disappearing when too much is going on
-Snake heads are back to their normal size in the end of Stage 5
-The fence at the start of stage 1 was added in

I think the input bug is also fixed (which would randomly stop some rapid fire buttons from working), but I'll need to test a bit more.
There are no replays, but the online score attack is enough for me. A training mode will be nice, but I can live without it in this game. Maybe they'll toss that in some time in the future.

Thanks Cave, this game feels pretty much the same as how I remember it in the Arcades now!  :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Seems that in order to get rid of the on-screen-display disappearing problem in Arcade mode, they altered the slowdown algorithm. Thus, it feels like there's less slowdown in Arcade mode after the patch. I didn't notice it as much with Casper, but I do notice it with Lei (particularly in the ruins stage (the one with all the snakes, vertical scrolling)). Not happy with this, but I guess it's as good as we're going to get.

I also noticed the loading times were eliminated when accessing the online leaderboards across all modes. This is nice!
Finally, you can now press START to pause the game instead of BACK. Glad they fixed this too.
My score archive

EOJ

All online leaderboards (Arcade, X-Mode, Arrange) have now been reset.
My score archive

Lusche

i am pretty pleased with the game after the patch ... still missing some features but its good enough for me
i will definately spend more time with the game now

lam47

Does anyone else find that the replays you download are often messed up? All will be going well and then they seem to just freak out and die.

EOJ

They fixed the broken replays with the patch (any broken replays you downloaded before will still be broken, though).
My score archive

EOJ

Bad news - the patch fucked up the bullet pattern on the second loop of the second form of the boss Bigote in Arcade mode:

http://sinmoon.blog.shinobi.jp/Date/20100622/1/

Before the patch, it was as in the Arcade version (top pic). With the patch (bottom pic), as you can see, the bullet density is noticeably less.  :rolleyes: You'll only see this difference if you milk the boss (which is really hard), and have his pattern set repeat more than once.

SIN says this screws up his pattern with Lei, as this is a lucrative milking spot with him.
My score archive

moozooh

I'm not sure Cave has any right to boast their porting speed (several days, or whatever it was that was claimed) if they can't get it right even after so much time. :\

I was considering this game for an eventual purchase, but lack of arcade mode replays and training mode made it a lot less appealing somehow. :\
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

It's still worth it.  :) Arcade mode isn't perfect, but no Cave port is. The Mushihimesama port also had some altered bullet patterns on some bosses.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quotebut no Cave port is.

Arika on the other hand...

EOJ

Those aren't truly perfect either, according to Mihara.
My score archive

moozooh

Well, I don't expect a port to be perfect, and frankly I don't care about little differences noticeable only by people like Mihara. I just expect it to be without obvious fuckups that could've been spotted within a few hours (let alone a few weeks the game has been out for) of competent playtesting on different hardware setups. Do they always wait until players tell them about errors that one can see immediately? Can't believe it.

As such, PS2 DOJ, Galuda, Ketsui are all very much "perfect" to me. From what I've heard, both Futari and Galuda 2 are also excellent ports where the only notable imperfections are slowdown differences that I won't even be able to spot, let alone take advantage of. :)
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Seems Asada didn't even want to put Arcade mode in DSIIX, but some other members of the porting staff really pushed for it. By the time Asada approved they only had a couple days to whip it together (maybe the source of the 2-3 days comment?).
My score archive

cstarflare

Lusche

better the imperfect DSXII arcade mode than no arcade mode ...
no wonder why i thought: wow i finaly managed to dodge this pattern on bigote more or less ... now i know why :-[

Ast-Kot

Patch downloaded.....but I can't find replay on Arcade's leaderboards :laugh:

Lusche

sadly there is no replay mode in arcade mode :(

antares

I don't understand how to properly leech blue rings from big enemies.

For example in the first stage where the bull with the axe comes into the screen these three things can happen:

I shoot on him with laser and get a ton of rings, filling up my counter to 10,000.
I shoot on him with laser and get noticable less rings, coming nowhere near the 10,000.
I shoot on him with laser and get less rings but after a few second he stops giving me rings. Now I can continue to laser him until he dies and don't get any more rings or I switch to normal shot and back to laser and he starts again giving me rings.

These three things can happen on every big enemy and I don't understand how I can take any influence on what will happen.
???