Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtw

Quote from: Icarus[Nicovideo is Japan's YouTube. Registration is required both for control of content and security, among other things. Signing up might seem complicated, but it takes about five minutes to find a translation of the registration screen, and another five minutes to sign up, so complaining about something so minor and easily solved is a bit silly.
Downloading from Nicovideo, however, is a little bit trickier.
What kind of format is stored on Nicovideo ? Why is it hard to download ? Is it streamed FLV like youtube ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Kaneda

Quote from: MrMonkeyManGuys, the song is a remix of Hibachi's (my mp3 says Hihachi?) theme from Daioujou.  Why are you hearing DOOM's theme?
It does sound like Hibachi's theme, but it also reuses that sound effect you hear at the very beginning of 'No Remorse'. All of this guy's junk seems to sound the same anyways so I guess it's a moot point.

zakk

Quote from: rtw
Quote from: Icarus[Nicovideo is Japan's YouTube. Registration is required both for control of content and security, among other things. Signing up might seem complicated, but it takes about five minutes to find a translation of the registration screen, and another five minutes to sign up, so complaining about something so minor and easily solved is a bit silly.
Downloading from Nicovideo, however, is a little bit trickier.
What kind of format is stored on Nicovideo ? Why is it hard to download ? Is it streamed FLV like youtube ?

rtw
It's just FLV, although I haven't looked into it to see which codec it uses.

It's only slightly trickier to download in the sense that there's no obvious video url in the page source; but whatever some japanese guy wrote a python script that grabs the videos.

Ast-Kot

The hidden boss music seem to be the DDp remixed song I think....:)

Brooke 2.5billions today till last Boss...:)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

Icarus

Quote from: Ast-KotBrooke 2.5billions today till last Boss...:)
This guy broke 2.5bil at the end of  stage2. :P

Ast-Kot

Icarus:this is teh different between a normal player and a "kamisama" player like these guy...;)

My friends mail me that he has broken 30+billions at the end of the first loop yesterday...;)
Someone said that u can reach a score of 100+billions till the end of the second loop:)

EOJ

This guy has found a safe spot on one of Hibachi's attacks.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

3 LE edition boxed versions, each signed by a different member of the development team (one by IKD), are up for sale at Try (click on the 6/6 link in blue for pics and details):

http://www.try-inc.co.jp/

They state these are limited, but they can be ordered from CAVE. I'd inquire to Fujita - they can probably get them for cheaper.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

KOMA

SuperPang

Who signed the other two and what have they worked on?

sven666

the one with DDP written on it looks great, just like the guwange box :)

teh others look like shite, what do they say?

GaijinPunch

Not sure who signed the first one.  Likely the designer?
Probably not, as he has 4 characters, and the sticker only shows 3.

IKD's says "Shinu ga yoi"
Ichi (Ichimura?) one says Ningen Kakuheiki (Human Nuclear Weapon)

EDIT:
Okay, you can see close ups of the stickers in the wallpaper. The first one is Wakabayashi (Akira) and the other is Ichimura (Death Smiles main designer).

sven666

Quote from: GaijinPunchIKD's says "Shinu ga yoi"
orly?, och vad skulle det betyda d?? min japanska ?r lite knagglig tyv?rr... :cool:

GaijinPunch

Quote from: sven666
Quote from: GaijinPunchIKD's says "Shinu ga yoi"
orly?, och vad skulle det betyda d?? min japanska ?r lite knagglig tyv?rr... :cool:
exactly

MrMonkeyMan

Does anyone know why sometimes you can barely cancel any bullets with your hyper, and other times you can simply tap the shot button and clear all the bullets from the screen?  It's kind of crazy when you use a hyper to save your ass only to find you can't cancel any of the bullets and you've only made things worse.

You can also apparently unlock the secret midbosses after the first stage.  I think Kotaro said something about getting all the bees before the midboss of stage 3 to unlock it there, but I managed to do it on stage 4 somehow as well.  I'm wondering if there's a method for stage 2 and 5 too.

Other than that, I still have no idea how the method works on the first stage, sometimes I get the secret midboss and sometimes I don't.

EDIT

I think I solved the hyper thing.  It seems if you use 5 hypers on a single stage the game gets pissed off and makes the bullets almost impossible to cancel.  You can see the number of hypers you've used when you activate a hyper because the number appears over your ship.  Dying seems to drop the counter by one.

I wonder if there's more to it than that.  Perhaps there's a way to get more points by using lots of hypers and getting the game pissed off?

GaijinPunch

Yeah, I'm a bit confused on the bullet cancelling thing... but I've never used close to 5 hypers on a stage.  3 tops, I'm sure.  But, as stated, you should be holding your hyper gauge as long as possible for double points anyway.

I believe Kotaro's comment on getting the stage 3 midboss to appear is just for that one, and works even if you let the stage 2 secret midboss escape (which gives more points I think).

QuoteOther than that, I still have no idea how the method works on the first stage,
I've done it once.  You basically have to destroy the round water tank thingies before the tanks do.   You'll generally need stay somewhat in the middle of the screen, and destroy the one slightly left, then slightly right (then kill the tanks) then one slightly left again.  That's from memory, but it's something like that.  You should be at the top of the screen when doing this, FYI.  Hyper gauge has to be full as well when you get to the midboss.

Ast-Kot

Il you don't call the first hidden mid for the second there is no way to call out....also my friend when the firt didn't came he skip the run....if you don't call out the 2? mid your score suck...;)
If you catch in 1?-2?-and the begining of the 3? stage all the bees the 3? hidden mid appears, alway....I do it everyday and it works..sometimes it don't appears but nobody don't know why!:)
MMM:in the 1? stage there is a lot of bees to catch, don't miss their....in the second if you call the hidden there is a bee at the begining of the stage and then a bee near the bridge on the second hidden mid when it start the second attack..you have to use the hyper to catch it....if you don't catch it maybe the 3? hidden don't come....In stage when you call the hidden mid don't use the Hyper..your score goes up....yesterday i reached 230milion at the end of the first ad over 1billion at the end of the second...my friend rech 350milion at the end of the first and and over 2.5 billion at the end of the second stage...the tecnic to improve your counter is to skretch with hyper the exagon that came out with the last attack of the second hidden....I saw my friend reach over 7.000 of counter there...:|
I broke 4billion yesterday...but the second part of the 5? stage is harder----

For the 1? hidden mid: you have first destruct the two fuel tanks in the left side of the stage with a bee between, then u have to destrcuct the first in the middle of the stage than the first on the right side...before the enemy do it...don't use the Hyper and it works always..there is no prescribed pattern to destruct their everybody use an own pattern to preserve the chain.....;) You have to destruct in these way 3 tank at least.-:rolleyes:
I think there is a video somewhere that show it....I used the pattern of my friend....:lol: and it works-----

MrMonkeyMan

I don't think getting 35 bees is the only way to earn the 2nd loop.

My first time clearing the game, and I didn't unlock any secret midbosses, and I'm certain I didn't grab every single bee either.  I had 3 lives remaining, if that matters.

Anyway.  The 2nd loop is DANGEROUS.

Also strange is that the first hyper I used on 2-1 was a level 3 hyper.  Maybe your hypers don't go down after a level like they do in the first loop?

I didn't get to fight Hibachi either.  I guess getting your ass whooped by his first form stops you from meeting up with him.  Too bad.  It gave me the credits anyway, which I recorded if anyone cares.

GaijinPunch

Yes, post the credits please.  I've added a game credits DB to gamengai (although it's not too populated these days).

http://www.gamengai.com/credits_ix.php

MrMonkeyMan

Here comes my longest post ever.  I even formatted it like it appears in the game for whatever reason.

DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU
- STAFF -

PRODUCER
Kenichi Takano

DIRECTOR
Tsuneki Ikeda

PROGRAMMERS
Tsuneki Ikeda
Takashi Ichimura
Yuji Inoue

CHARACTER DESIGNER
ogata kouji

CHIEF DESIGNER
Akira Wakabayashi

DESIGNERS
Hiroyuki Tanaka
Toshiyuki Kuroiwa
Takeharu Isogai
Hideki Nomura

VOICE ACTORS (AS KIKAKU)

A.I.
Shzuka Tsuzi

Nexy
Ryo Terashima

PERFECT
Saki Ogasawara

Ray'n
Mizuki Yamaguchi

Shooty
Yuzuki Asakura

SYSTEM VOICE
Eriko Yamana

MUSIC COMPOSERS (Basiscape)
Manabu Namiki
Azusa Chiba
Yoshimi Kudo

MASERING ENGINEER (Basiscape)
Masaaki Kaneko

SOUND MANAGER (Basiscape)
Miki Ito

SOUND EFFECT
Dota Ando (Reeb)
Yasuko Yamada (Reeb)

- DODONPACHI DAIONDO -

Words/Music/Vocal
Natsuko Naitou

Recording Engineer
Ryoji Ueza

Sound Director
Daisuke Matsumoto
Yukihiro Masaki

DEBUG STAFF (DIGITAL Hearts)
Masato Kanamori
ramd21

PV DIRECTOR
Takuro Sato

TAISA ILLUSTRATOR
Junya Inoue

- SPECIAL ASSISTANTS -

Toshiaki Tomizawa
Takatsugu Furuhata
Kaori Itamura
Yasushi Imai
Takeo Suzuki
Hidetsugu Noda
Tennetiss
Kazuhito Sekine
Irie Masaaki
Shinya Kutsukake
itatti

Saori Yamamoto
Asami Oda

Mitsuhiro Tachibana (BANZAI)
Tetsuya Kusaba (BANZAI)
Dandy (BANZAI)

AMI ALL STAFFS

DEVELOPMENT BY CAVE 2008

EOJ

Quote from: MrMonkeyManI didn't get to fight Hibachi either.
Perhaps you need the 35 bees for this?

Thanks for the credits. Same programming trio as Futari and Deathsmiles, as expected.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Thanks!

QuoteShzuka Tsuzi
Is that how it's written?

MrMonkeyMan

Quote from: GaijinPunchThanks!

QuoteShzuka Tsuzi
Is that how it's written?
Oops.  I was bound to make a mistake in all of that.

It's Shizuka Tsuzi.  Just missed the I.

EOJ

I'm sure you guys have seen the post on shmups.com of the guy counterstopping the game at 99bil before the end of Stage 5, before he even gets to the second loop? I would guess a ver 1.5 is inevitable.:/
My score archive

MrMonkeyMan

Yeah, it's pretty lame.  Not sure if I'll hold on to the game.

Stage 5 is the only important stage for scoring, and there's so many bombs and hypers it's too easy to play for survival.  I could just play it to clear both loops, but do I really want to?

EOJ

yeah, a lot of japanese guys have said they won't play the game anymore, because score competitions are pretty pointless, as is the whole second loop, once you get the counterstop down. I can't see how they wouldn't release a revised board, the arcade ops and the players are going to complain like hell, which will hurt CAVE's future profits and relations with arcade ops. All they'd have to do is reduce everything in the scoring system by like 1/4 or 1/5.

If they do release a ver 1.5 or whatever soon, you'll be able to swap your old board for free, MMM.

I think you should sell it and get MFBL (unless you already have that). :D
My score archive

Kaneda

Cave really should have some of these star players test the games before they release them to see how easily breakable they are.

jpj

the loke test version didn't have a stage 5 i take it?  :lol:

i really hope this isn't the case, but cave have had a few fuck ups in their SH-3 era (mushi not saving scores right, buggy ibara black labels, galuda 2 tutorial, futari 1.0, futari 1.5 ultra counterstop, four pink sweets revisions, etc)

if it is a balls-up, i hope cave sorts it out for everyone :)  what happened with futari?  was there a charge to upgrade?

edit: just seen your post EOJ, that's cool then

MrMonkeyMan

They could have just had someone play through the game invincible and with an unbreakable chain to see what kind of scores are actually possible, but maybe they want to be surprised by what kind of scores people can come up with too?

The Futari Ultra mode counter stop is at least super crazy hard to do, and you don't counter stop until right at the end of the game.

Quote from: EOJI think you should sell it and get MFBL (unless you already have that). :D
I was thinking about that, but I though a new DoDonPachi, it's gotta be awesome, and then those videos popped up with the secret midbosses and I was sold.

Who knows, it might happen, I've been thinking of selling ESPGaluda 2 as well.  I just don't care for that game.