Main Menu

mushihime sama fix

Started by erzane, June 15, 2010, 10:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erzane

someone can give me some infos about how to fix mushi pcb to latest version pls ?
I heard about jtag connection, no eprom
I m looking for somebody who can make it

mine don't remember score if I shutdown the cab (2004/10/12 master ver.)

thanks

EOJ

No one can update the rom for you except Cave. The fix costs about 30,000 yen including shipping.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

erzane

thx 4 your reply
do you know the adress of cave ?
I would like to send to them

p.s. is it possible for customers or only across some compagny like fujita etc...  ?

EOJ

The only company that I know will do this for you is www.tops-game.jp

They did it for me a few times in the past, and it was easy (but expensive). Not sure if they still do the service though, so ask them.
My score archive

erzane

ok I know them, so I will
thanks

SinHo

Yumi at Fujita Communications can also help you.... http://www.fujitacommunications.com

The cost to fix a broken Ketsui PCB was 23 000 (for the repair) + 2 800 (EMS) and the paypal fee (well it optional)....

EOJ

I could never get Fujita to fix/upgrade any Cave PCB for me. They just wouldn't return my emails (they did when I wanted to place an order, though).
My score archive

SinHo

I have never had any problems with Fujita, always very fast and reliable service.... I have used them several times without any problems.

erzane

fujita is ok for me to
but concerning mushi fix I asked them so much time, everytime they answered me that they cannot make it

it's strange because for other game like ddpdfk (passing from 1.0 to 1.5) they made it for 100000 jpy
(it was since a long time aprox 1 year)

brentsg

Fujita is fine for repair of a broken PCB but a gray area like a software upgrade for bug fixes is another matter.

I should copy/paste my painful exchange..

something like:
-can you help me with sending a PCB to Cave for a sofware update to fix bugs
-yes send PCB and we get you a quote
-it's just a software upgrade, so can I get the quote now?
-no, we need to see how badly it is damaged
-oh.. no.. it's not broken but it has bugs that need to be updated at Cave
-oh very good very good so PCB has been already fix?
-no it was not broken, but it has bugs and Cave can upgrade the software to fix them
-we do not understand, we thought you break PCB...???  we are glad you do not need PCB fixed

And basically that took like 3 weeks to accomplish.

brentsg

I forget where the Pink Sweets discussion went, where it was determined that Cave will no longer flash SH3 boards that need new code.

In light of the fact that the new game that was just released this week is still based on the tried and true SH3 platform..  this makes even less sense.

If they are still selling games on the new platform then Cave should be supporting the PCBs in the field.

rtw

Quote from: brentsg on August 20, 2010, 06:44:14 PM
I forget where the Pink Sweets discussion went, where it was determined that Cave will no longer flash SH3 boards that need new code.

Could someone please point me to the information that CAVE is no longer willing to update SH3 boards ?
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

caincan

something stays in mind  ???... did anyone tried to connect a Jtag  to their Cave pcbs to figure what kind of things they could read inside ?   or is it encrypted ?!     (or maybe it's the way,  TheGuru did dump these games ?!)

it's fact that Jtag connection is much sought after in Channels TV hacks/xbox360/...  and some have been very skilled studying this..

rtw

Quote from: caincan on October 17, 2010, 06:37:34 AM
something stays in mind  ???... did anyone tried to connect a Jtag  to their Cave pcbs to figure what kind of things they could read inside ?   or is it encrypted ?!     (or maybe it's the way,  TheGuru did dump these games ?!)

it's fact that Jtag connection is much sought after in Channels TV hacks/xbox360/...  and some have been very skilled studying this..

JTAG or boundary scan is not trivial, but if you know some talented people I've got a PCB ready for inspection. Start here:

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/Hardware_SH3/Hardware.htm

I've added all the info I know, all that is missing are the manuals for the devices.
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work